Over the last few days, several households within The Grove have received positive tests for Covid-19. While these people have been in the church building recently, these cases have been isolated and are NOT connected back to any type of spread from a church gathering.
Our leadership team talked Wednesday afternoon to assess the best course of action for our church due to the increase rise of cases in the Halls community at large and some having it within our church. Out of an abundance of caution and in an effort to be proactive, we are closing the church building effective Thursday, December 3rd, thru Sunday, December 13th. This includes all ministries and any activities that were previously planned.
- We will be online only the next two Sundays (December 6th and 13th) at 9:30 and 11:00. Join us via Facebook or YouTube at either time for an abbreviated service and message in our holiday series called “Christmas Is Coming.”
- Grove Kids families can find videos and at-home resources on the Grove Kids Facebook page.
- Grove Students will not meet Wednesday, December 9th, but for now, they will meet for their Christmas Party on December 16th. More details will be provided by Jimbo as the date approaches.
Our plan is to resume in-person gatherings on Sunday, December 20th and for our Christmas Eve Eve services on December 23rd. The building will be thoroughly cleaned prior to this date to ensure we maintain best cleaning protocols.
- Grove Kids families should look for text messages and Facebook posts regarding the Grove Kids singing that is planned for December 20th.
- Due to social distancing, we are requiring all Christmas Eve Eve attendees to reserve a free ticket, so be sure to do this for the Eve Eve service you want to attend (6:15 or 7:30). We only have a limited number of spaces for each service.
Reserve your Christmas Eve Eve tickets by going to http://thegroveknox.org/christmaseveeve/
Again, we want to clarify the Covid-19 cases referenced above are isolated, and we have NOT had a spread of Covid-19 as a result of a gathering. We are not releasing the names of those who have tested positive, and if anyone has been in close contact of the spread, then either local contact tracing or those who have tested positive would take care of that. If you have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to reach out to a staff member or contact us by going to https://thegroveknox.org/contact/