Fall is here… The coolness of the mornings, the warmth of the sun during the day, pumpkin flavored desserts and coffees… Now, if only the Vols could get their act together and win some football, right? Who knows if that will happen, but as for The Grove Church, we’re moving forward into this fall season with great anticipation as to how God will continue to move in and through our church.
Below you’ll find an overview of some exciting things that are happening right now and will be happening in the coming months. I want to challenge you to get involved and find a way to help us BE THE CHURCH in our community. We value “Taking responsibility for the community where we live, work, and play,” so these are intentional actions that reflect that value.
Partnership with Adrian Burnett Elementary
We’re continuing to find ways for our church to love and support the families, teachers, and staff of this great school. Check out these ongoing opportunities that allow you to get more involved within this partnership. If you’d like more information about any of these options, then simply follow this link and let us know…
- Blessing the teacher of the month with a freshly baked gift… If you love to bake, then here’s a great way to use your gift. Each month, we recognize the teacher of the month with a special gift and the entire staff with refreshments at their monthly staff meeting.
- Handwriting encouragement letters to the school staff… Who couldn’t use more encouragement? If you are great with words and encouragement overflows from within you, then take a few minutes each month to send handwritten letters to the school.
- Mentoring a student (approx 1 hour per week)… Connect with a student and have fun! Make a lifelong impact.
- Assist with projects (cleaning, painting, updating)… Good with your hands? There’s projects we can line up for you.
- Providing a Thanksgiving meal basket… Help families enjoy Thanksgiving.
- Sponsoring a family for Christmas… Provide gifts that will be a blessing to a family in need.
- Tutoring or assisting in the classroom… Make a teacher’s life easier by providing extra instruction and/or hands of assistance.
Skate and Bounce Night
On Sunday night, November 12, from 5p-7p, our church will be hosting a community event at Skatetown called “Skate and Bounce Night.” This will be a free event for our community and will feature free skating at Skatetown along with inflatables and food. Our hope is that families will come out, have fun, and that we as a church, will make some great connections along the way!
Christmas with The Grove
It’s hard to believe you would even see that word being used already, but yes, Christmas will be here before we know it. We’re finalizing plans for The Grove Christmas services, and we’re counting on you to be investing in your friends, family, co-workers, and neighbors right now so that you can easily invite them to our Christmas services. Stay tuned for the details!