This 6-session workshop is designed to help us better understand how we should allow our faith to inform our politics rather than having politics inform our faith. As followers of Jesus, we must interact within our country through the lens of God’s Kingdom. This is easier said than done, and it doesn’t take much for us to lose sight of our true calling of Jesus’ church. Politics play a vital role in our country, but we must engage in politics carefully by not forgetting our identity in Jesus and the church’s responsibility to be agents of change in the world.
On the dates listed below, we will meet in person for prayer and discussion. We will use the book “Thou Shall Not Be A Jerk: A Christian’s Guide to Engaging Politics” along with some video teachings from Andy Stanley. Both of which are previewed below.
What To Know
- After reading the info above, the points below, and watching the trailer videos below, you will need to RSVP using the form below the videos.
- We will meet on these Tuesday nights from 7pm-8:15pm: Sept 22, Sept 29, October 6, October 20, October 27. Our final session will take place on Wednesday, November 4, at 7pm, which is the day after the election. This will be a time to pray and seek God in response to whatever results transpire.
- You will need to attend at least 4 out of the first 5 sessions to get the most out of this workshop.
- The book referenced above costs $10 per person. The church has the books, so you don’t need to order it. You can pay for it as your register below.
- We will NOT debate party platforms during these sessions. Instead, we will seek the heart of God and how to be led by the Holy Spirit as our faith informs our politics.
- Each session will begin with prayer to ensure God softens our hearts toward a posture of listening and learning.
- Come with an open heart and ready to be stretched in your thinking.