Why Are We Doing A Sports Camp?
We are focused on making a Kingdom impact on our community, and we believe one way we can do this is by meeting people where they are. Our community loves sports and comes together around sports, so last year we offered this camp as a natural way for us as a church to connect with and serve families in our community. Specifically, we want to create an environment where families that may have little or no connection with a church can experience God’s love in a practical, fun way. Therefore, while we do incorporate our faith into this camp and intentionally look for ways to talk about Jesus, our focus is on relationships, connections, and conversations instead of over-saturating kids with Bible content.
Here’s How You Can Get Involved
- Pray… Begin praying for this event right now! We want God to direct the right families to this camp so we can connect with them and meet them where they are.
- Spread the word… In May, we’ll begin spreading the word via flyers, social media, etc. Help us get the word out to everyone you know when we start doing this.
- Donate… Our supply needs are much less than last year, but we can still use your help with a few items. See the banner in the back of the worship area or go to the Amazon List HERE.
- Volunteer… This is our one “all hands on deck” community outreach of the year, so even if you aren’t inclined toward sports, there are still many ways for you get involved.
Please use the Sports Camp Banner in the back of the worship area to sign up as a volunteer and/or to let us know which items you will be donating.
Registration/Hospitality team: Arrive by 5:00. Responsibilities will include…
- Welcome families- You will be our first impression!
- Check-in pre-registered campers.
- Setup and serve ice cream at the end of the final night of camp.
Rally/Music team: Arrive by 5:00. Responsibilities will include…
- Setup and prep for rally sessions. (Will have scheduled practices prior to the camp)
- Lead the kids in songs, teach lesson, Sporty mascot, etc.
Huddle leaders: Arrive by 5:00. Responsibilities will include…
- Being small group leaders who lead group Bible conversations and will escort kids to all events through the evening until dismissal to parents.
- Assist with crowd control and behavior at all times in rally sessions and sports sessions.
- Huddle leaders can also be assistant coaches for a sport. Please, sign up for both if you are willing to help hands-on with the sports.
Sports coaches (head and assistants): Arrive at 5:00. Responsibilities will include…
- Head coaches must have sports areas setup and ready to go by 5:30.
- Head and assistant coaches help welcome families as they arrive.
- Assistant coaches will help with sports training in a particular sport under the direction of the head coach.
Tear down/Clean up: All volunteers involved are asked to stick around after the closing rally for any needed tasks, cleanup, etc. Responsibilities include taking down signs, general cleaning, help gather supplies and equipment under the direction of camp director (will vary from night to night).
Donations: Money donations or wish list items are due NO LATER than Friday, May 31st.