On Sunday, November 29th, our previous pastor for students, Jimbo Watson, announced that God is leading him to transition out of student ministry. We are so thankful for the last two years of ministry leadership Jimbo and his wife Melissa have provided. You can watch that announcement by clicking HERE.
What’s Next for Grove Students?
With 2021 now here, we are looking forward to what God has in store next for Grove Students. As with any change, it creates an opportunity to pray and re-imagine what the next season of ministry can be. Here’s our specific plan for moving forward as 2021 begins.
- We need all current, past, and potentially new students and parents to complete the feedback form below.
- All students AND parents should come to an interactive meeting on Wednesday, January 13 at 6:30. Pastor Josh will lead this meeting, but we will have separate discussions for parents and students. Your participation at this meeting is very important as we discuss next steps for the student ministry.
- We’re creating a transitional team of leaders who will help ensure our student ministry is ready to take its next steps and continue forward. Pastor Josh will lead this process which will include…
- Identifying small group leaders/mentors who can invest relationally into the students.
- Solidifying a group of student leaders who will be catalysts for the ministry moving forward.
- Planning regular student gatherings.
- While we began the search for our next pastor to students back in December, we will trust God’s timing as we search both diligently and patiently for the right person that God has to lead this ministry.
- If you have any questions or concerns during this transitional season, then please contact Pastor Josh via email, firstname.lastname@example.org